Winter 2012 Courses
(see also the official ASC listing)
Back to Main 911 Page
Dial 9/11 for Evidence
Instructor: Dick Atlee
Location: Southwest Harbor Public Library
Course Meets: Tuesdays 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Course Size: 5-12 students
Starts: January 15
Page updated: March 12, 2013
Description: The events surrounding 9/11 changed this country's course, culture and world role. In the years since, a large body of evidence has emerged that, if true, would indicate that public understanding of 9/11 is seriously flawed. This course lays out the evidence -- text and video -- for the various conflicting official stories, and for various often-conflicting alternative stories, to enable participants to better make informed judgments about what happened before, on, and after that day.
Pre-requisite: acceptance of the term "conspiracy theory" as a technical term, not a perjorative.
Instructor: Richard Atlee. "I've been doing research (books, web, films) on the events surrounding 9/11 since early 2006, have amassed a large collection of research materials, taught this course for ASC in Winter, 2009, and did a well-received Coffee Clash presentation in March 2012. I've become aware of much new evidence related to 9/11 since I taught the 2009 course."
- Initial Materials (provided by ASC and Dick)
- Book: The New Pearl Harbor, Revisited, David Ray Griffin ("NPHR")
- DVD: 9/11: Blueprint for Truth -- Detailed slide show on the World Trade Center (WTC) buildings (2008; 120 mins; Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth (AE911))
- DVD: 9/11: Explosive Evidence -- Experts Speak Out -- 40 experts from various disciplines comment on the WTC destruction (2012, 88min, AE911)
- "The Ultimate 9/11 'Truth' Showdown" -- Dr. David Ray Griffin and Matt Taibbi (contents)
- "CIA Instructions to Media Assiets" (1967)
- "Propaganda" (Dr. Nancy Snow)
- "911 Investigator" (AE911Truth newspaper)
- Information cards
- "The Explosive Demolition Hypothesis" for World Trade Center #1, #2, #7 (enumeration of evidence consistent with explosives, inconsistent with impact/fire)
- "WTC7 impossible Collapse" (a more specific look at WTC7"
- "11 Remarkable Facts About 9/11"
- Introduction Slide Show (Jan 15)
Thinking about evidence; precedents, basic 9/11 info; research sites; the press
- Power Point format (2.1MB, 113 slides)
- Building 7 Slide Show (Jan 22)
The collapse of WTC Building 7 was completely un-expectable and due to fire alone. Or was it? The "smoking gun" of 9/11?
- Power Point format (15 Meg, 163 slides)
- Twin Towers Slide Show (Jan 29)
Evaluating the evidence that impact and fires did not (and could not) bring down World Trade Center 1 and 2
- Power Point format (8.1 Meg, 201 slides)
- Pentagon Slide Show (Feb 5)
What's wrong with the official story, and why is the Pentagon one of the biggest controversies within the 9/11 Truth movement?
- Power Point format (2.5 Meg, 69 slides)
- Flights of Fancy Slide Show (Mar 5)
The statistically impossible failure to intercept, fake tapes, false testimony that maybe wasn't, and the hijackers that maybe weren't. (Note: this title is a nod to David Ray Griffin's lecture on the topic.)
- Power Point format (1.8 Meg, 94 slides)
- Before/After 9/11 Slide Show (Mar 12)
9/11 didn't suddenly happen and then go away. There was much context that preceded it, and much that followed.
- Power Point format (2.8 Meg, 91 slides)
Note: much of the following material has not been updated since 2009
- For Further Research
- List of Useful Research Sites (doubters, debunkers, general, technical, photo/video repositories)
- Tabbed browsing (essential for exploring complex hierarchical websites)
- WayBack for finding those "disappeared" old pages
- Acronyms and abbreviations
- Unit conversions for handling technical arguments
- Multimedia Research Tools
(screen capture, video downloading/playing/extracting)
- Official Government Reports (FEMA, Congress, EPA, 911 Commission, NIST)
- Library -- Borrowable DVD's and Books
- Popular Mechanics' 2005 article: The 9/11 Lies Are Out There [original source]
- PM's radio discussion (an hour, 32MB) [original source]
- Critiques of debunkers by doubters
- "The Ultimate 9/11 Debate (Matt Taibbi vs. David Ray Griffin, PDF: 212K, 44pp)
Table of contents (PDF, 1p)
- Critique of Popular Mechanics 2005 article [original source]
- Response by AE911Truth to Chris Mohr's 128 points
- Response to Alexander Cockburn's Nation-of-Change Sep 2011 piece (Dick Atlee)
- Response to Popular Mechanics WTC7 Aug 2008 piece (Dick Atlee)
- Critiques of class materials by debunkers
- Critique of 911 Mysteries video (772K, 132pp) [original source]
- Critique of Debunking 9/11 Debunking, chapter 3 (2.2Meg, 323pp) [original source]
- Critique of A&E's 911 Blueprint for Truth video slide show
This is clearly a site-in-progress -- the outlines are there, but only a small amount of actual material is yet present.
- Battle between Drs. Steven Jones and Frank Greening over iron-rich microspheres (evidence for use of thermite at the World Trade Center, or not?)
Homework for Sessions
(optional, but desirable)